Friday, December 5, 2014

Barista Game

6:10 am the alarm goes off. The last thing I want to do is get out of bed and go to work. It's cold outside. My car is cold. I'm the only person at the shop. Setting up the pop up shop is a pain in the ass. The bartender didn't close properly the night before. First customer comes in and it's bleh. Second customer and it's better. By three and four I'm doing great. Toss a cup of coffee in the mix and I am in the greatest mood. Conversations start flowing. Connections are happening. Ideas are coming. 
This progression is vicious and addicting. It's why I think I will always have a hand in the barista game, however small it may be. Even down the road as I look to start my own shop I hope that I always find a way to pull some opening shifts. 



No comments:

Post a Comment