Thursday, June 28, 2012

Naps and Cats

Yesterday morning had a rough start. Due to being out so late the night prior, I was only able to sleep around 4 hours. This is quite simply not enough. However, it was my day for core, so I hauled myself out of bed and completed my M,W,F routine. This always seems to do the trick when it comes to waking up. Shower and eggs followed as usual.
Work was a little busy in the morning. I had several of my regulars who enjoy hanging out and talking come in before noon. This makes the morning go by a little faster, and the conversations are usually rather enjoyable.
I took a “lunch break” at 12:30 and went back to the apartment where Huxley and I took a nap. Just to clarify, Huxley was already napping on the floor in Stuart’s room when I got home. I of course proceeded to wake him up and coax him into my room where he gladly jumped up on my bed and laid next to me. We slept for just over an hour. I awoke groggy as ever and headed back to work. I had last eaten around 11, so when I got back I ate some tuna and a banana. The garden cats, Willet and Izzy were outside and must of smelled the tuna because they would not leave me alone while I ate. Those cats are ridiculous.
Caitlin stopped by on the way to get sushi with her friend and we drank iced americanos and talked outside. 

After she left, I was able to turn on the Euro match between Spain and Portugal which was in the 75th minute. They went scoreless through extra time and Spain ended up putting it away in the penalty shoot out. Overall it was a crazy boring game.   I stayed until 6 yesterday and closed up shop. Upon arrival back at the apartment I started cleaning up the kitchen, doing dishes and the like. Caleb arrived around 6:45 and Doyle about an hour later. We headed up to Journey for band practice where Luke was waiting.
Practice went pretty well. It was Caleb’s first practice with us as he is sitting in on bass due to Colton not being able to play the next show.
By the time we wrapped practice and headed back down to my place it was after 11. Doyle and I talked for a bit and then I headed in, ready for bed. It ended up being a real solid day.  Nothing insane, just real smooth. I worked out and maintained good eating habits the whole day, no relapse!



This morning the coffee is extra good as I attempt to chat with Brett on messenger.

No comments:

Post a Comment