Wednesday, June 27, 2012

"Tuesday Redemption"

Almost as annoying as “Case of the Mondays” or “T.G.I.F.” is Wednesday being referred to as “Hump Day”. I will readily admit that I often fall prey to each of these different idioms, especially when interacting with people that I don’t really know. I hate myself for this.
I have mixed feelings about Tuesdays. Growing up, piano lessons were always on Tuesdays and that was such an ordeal I often resented the day because of it. Yesterday could fall into the category of “Tuesday Redemption”.
I started off the day with a quick mile run. I clocked at 6:51. I try to keep my miles under 7 minutes. If I achieve this, I am happy. If not, I have very odd urges to wake up Stuart by putting cat food on his face and letting Huxley feed.
Work was pretty standard. Michael Rogers stopped by for lunch and we ate outside in what he likes to refer to as “The Garden of Eden”. He had stopped at Green Papaya (the best pad Thai in the city by the way) while I feasted on my midday tuna with banana peppers.
We talked about all sorts of stuff, which makes two days in a row where I have had very meaningful conversations with good friends.
I ended up leaving the shop around 4:30 and was toying around with the idea of heading up to West Chester and doing some writing. What actually happened was I laid down on the couch, Huxley joined and I took what Luke and I refer to as a “coma nap”. I was out cold.
I awoke at 5:48, and drove to Luke’s place to pick him up. We then headed east to hang with Joe at The Bongo Tree.
Our good friends Emily & the Complexes were heading out to do some more mixing on their new record. They arrived around 8, and dove into the first song of the night “Would You”.
This album is sounding so good, I cannot wait to hear the final product.
After working through Would You, we grilled out some brats and dogs. I shouldn’t have, but I ate two brats. They were so good in the moment, and I immediately regretted eating them. Bad call Mikhail. However, the stomach ache I drove home with could never take away from how good it always is to see Joe, Tyler, Tom, Jordan, and Brett.

Luke and I left around 10:30, and had a classic “drive home from the studio conversation”. I love these so much. After dropping him off, I headed over to Brian Beyke’s (I had yet to be at his new pad) and we made coffee and talked till 12:30. Good conversation yet again.
I had realized while at the studio, that I needed to get food for the rest of the week, so before going home I stopped at the grocery store to pick up the staples for my daily eating. Greek yogurt, bananas, tuna, natural peanut butter, banana peppers, and granola bars.
I finally was in bed around 1:30 which is just awful, but things needed to be done.
One final thought. Yesterday’s weather was not unlike that of a late September day. Warm in the sun, with a cool breeze. I could get used to that, but sadly it is supposed to be over 100 tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment