Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Crazy Weather

I just read my sisters Karina's latest blog entry ( http://happydeco.blogspot.com) and followed a link to this old thing and was inspired to write an entry. I have been using tumblr more recently, but the site isn't working so here I am. One of the last things I said on here was "Next, I will probably write an entire album". This was really exciting to go back and read because it is exactly what I did. It's a little funny because I didn't write it about what I thought I was going to. Same girl, different problems. So lame.

Last year around March I was attending our weekly movie night at Rob and Abi's house and after conversations about health and fitness etc, I decided to start being healthy(er). The idea was to eat better and start doing some workout stuff. Nothing crazy, just treating my body better. I think I definitely achieved that goal. I lost 20 pounds without even trying. It was just excess I had been carrying around. What has happened now though is I've realized that I just feel better overall when I don't eat like crap and workout. Rocket science I know.

For Christmas this year my parents got me a TRX. If you are not familiar, just YouTube it. I am in week 2 of workouts with it and I am loving it. I go through phases where I feel like I am making tons of progress and then phases where I feel like I haven't budged. Right now I am on the latter phase. Oh well.

I was at Tazza Mia last night until 10:30 working on store. Spackling, sanding, painting and brainstorming. The place is looking good!

Since my last update I work at another coffee shop in Hyde Park (also where I live with Stuart).
It's called The Coffee Garden Cafe and is located in a local garden and floral shop. I like it a lot and am currently booking live music there as well. It's a whole different challenge than Tazza which is nice. It is really slow now, hence me updating this.

The weather this week has been insane. Yesterday morning we witnessed a May-esque thunderstorm with 55 degree temperatures. Then by 10pm it was freezing and flurrying.

I basically realized I just liked going back and remembering where I was in my life at certain times. So I will update this hopefully more frequently and more honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment