Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Recap

This is my Monday.
The actually day, Monday, has become almost like a day off, and I must say I rather enjoy this. Alright, lets dive in to a weekend recap.

Thursday Night.
You know what that means...IHOP. This weeks attendees were Chaz Rice, Luke Taylor, Tytus Planck, and Adam Widecan. I don't even need to say this but, it was a great time.

Friday.
Deliveries in the morning which included stopping my Chris Arnet's place where we ate lunch and talked about all things Tazza and life in general. These times have become a highlight of my week. Leaving West Chester, I headed over to the Espresso Guild in Norwood where I picked up a piece for a pour over set to use at the CGC (I broke ours earlier in the week). From there I headed back to the apartment, where I got ready and walked over to the CGC to prepare for the show.
Adam (Widecan) was waiting in the parking lot as I walked up and we immediately started unloading the PA, into the main room. While he was setting up the PA I started working on getting the room and coffee area ready. After this was pretty much ready to go we turned our attention to getting the fire going outside. This proved to be a test of our manliness and I think in the end (with a little help from Brian) we got it going. Maria (Carelli) and Jaki (Howser) arrived around 6:45 ish and people started trickling in shortly after. Jaki led off the night with around a thirty minute set. Adam played a killer set next, and Maria ended the night with a great set.
And what a night it was. I feel that it went extremely well. If I had to guess I'd say there were about 40 people through the night. I worked behind the counter and really pushed the pour-over coffee. I basically just made those all night, and could not have been more pleased. Mom and Dad showed up, along with Bish, Stuart, Chaz, Karina, Luke, Sarah, Paige, Brian, Ali, and Tytus, to name a few.
The "after party" was at my place, and we had a decent amount of people show up. Caitlin was in town so she stopped by and we all just hung out, playing various games and enjoying each others company. Of course pizza was ordered and me and Bish split a large. This was fat move number one the weekend.

Saturday.
Waking up around 10:30, Bish, Stuart and I headed over to First Watch, where we met Caitlin and Breanna (Bish's girlfriend) for breakfast. This was followed immediately by me heading to work downtown at Tazza. I really did not want to be there, but the afternoon went by pretty quick and it didn't end up being too bad.
I arrived back at the apartment around 5:30 where I proceeded to sit around and do nothing. I had intended to do laundry while I worked out, but as it happened, I did not. This was fat move number two.
The plan for the evening was to go to Mayday (a bar in Northside) to hang out and eat/drink to support our friend Paige (Jesse-Geary) who's work was putting on a benifit "Rock Notes for College Hopes". I ended up getting ready and heading over with Jarrod, Paige, and Stuart. We dropped Paige off around 8 and then headed over to Shake It Records where we browsed the vinyl bins in the basement. Then we headed back to Mayday. A great night was had.
Mayday serves up gourmet hotdogs, I must admit that through the night I proceeded to eat two of them. Each contained a pickle spear, grilled onions, banana peppers, mustard, and sport peppers. Delicious! This also represented fat move number three.
About halfway through the night my friends Chris (Bauchle) and Tyler (Yentes) arrived at the bar with their friends Mitch and Josh. Chris and Tyler are from Indianapolis and were in town to hang out for Mitch's birthday. They left around midnight to hit up a couple other places before ending the night at our apartment.
A bunch of us actually re convened at the apartment with loads of junk food from various fast food establishments. Evan and I rode together and we chose Rally's. It was greasy and delicious. This was fat move number four.

Sunday.
Morning came all to quickly as I had to be at church for worship band run through at 8:45.
Kevin was out of town so Luke played guitar and we were done with run through by 9:30. In case you didn't know this is quite the miracle as Kevin normally doesn't even roll in until almost 9:15 most Sundays.The service went great and we nailed the set which included Yes You Have, Cannons, Empty Me, Live Like You're Dying, and All For You.
We went to lunch afterwards at Westshore Pizza in West Chester with a newer couple from Journey, Justin and Annie. There I proceeded to eat two pieces of pizza, which, as you already know, was fat move number five.
Luke and I headed back down to my apartment where we got ready for our Canoes "photoshoot" with Tyler (Yentes). They arrived at the apartment around 2, and Luke, Stuart and I all piled into the backseat of Tyler's VW and headed out. We shot at Ault Park, in Mt. Lookout, and in O'Bryanville. This was nothing short of a great afternoon. Chris and Tyler are a couple of great guys and made the whole process super fun and less awkward. When we arrived back at the apartment, we hooked up the camera to the tv and looked through all the pictures in HD. There we definitely some really great shots. I am excited to see the final products. Tyler and Chris left shortly after and Luke took me back up to my car in West Chester. I headed over to the parents house, where they were just heading out the door to go to church. Bish and I watched some of the Australian Open (DVR'd) and I fell asleep. After waking up I hung around for a bit before heading down to my place. I proceeded to crash pretty hard.

Monday.
Sleeping in never felt so good. I think I woke up around 10:30 but didn't get out of bed right away.
On the agenda for the day was to pay my parking tickets downtown, drop off keys and boxes at Tazza, get my registration renewed and meet Luke at his place by 3:30 so we could head out to The Bongo Tree to record.
I must interject here and make note about the amazing weather. It must have been 55 degrees and the sun was shining through beautiful white clouds. It made the entire day that much better.
I arrived at Luke's house at 3:45 and we headed out to Fayetville to record with Joe. Upon arrival we poured ourselves some coffee and stood  around outside, soaking up the amazing weather and each others company. It is safe to say I was with two of my favorite people yesterday afternoon and evening. We then migrated into the lounge continuing our conversations and coffee before making it into the control room to start tracking. We added some guitar to track 1 and then moved onto guitars for track 7. It was a very productive night. We are heading back out there Wednesday night and possibly Saturday night as well. Sunday marks the big day that we track all the piano up at The Recording Workshop in Chillicothe.
After dropping off Luke, I headed home stopping at McDonald's on the way. This was my sixth and final fat move of the "weekend".

Today it is back in the saddle, working both jobs and working out. I am looking forward to a great week. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment