Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Friends and Such

Standard day yesterday. Double work, Thai for dinner, tv with Stuart, Ep piano practice, and bed.
This morning Chris (Gilmore) stopped into the CGC where we shared conversation and pour-over coffee. Chris and his wife Amanda are moving up to the Cleveland area this next month. I met them this past year at our mutual friends Kevin's birthday dinner. It was one of those encounters where you feel like you have known the person forever even though you just met. I will miss them (and their crazy, stupid cute dogs) very much.

Just another night at with the kids.
This morning we talked about friendships and how, when rooted, can outlast distance and absence. It got me thinking about friends I've had through the years. Plenty of them have come and gone, while some last through really bizarre situations. Some of the people I have connected the best with through the years, I see less than 3 or 4 times a year. Others that I hung out with daily, lived with, played music with, and traveled with are almost completely absent from my life. Who knows what makes them last? The one thing that I am sure of, is that there has to be intent and effort on both ends. 

Hello Cleveland, I don't know if we've met....

No comments:

Post a Comment