Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Meanwhile, On A Tuesday

Good morning from Cincinnati, Ohio. More specifically The Coffee Garden in Hyde Park, Ohio.
I hope this morning finds you the reader (or myself in the future) well. Let’s talk about yesterday shall we?
The morning started off well, I only had 3 eggs left so I prepared them with 2 yolks instead of the normal 1. I enjoyed another cup of the Costa Rica La Manita Ben gave me Sunday, it is quite spectacular. Sunday’s coffee experience was a sort of awakening for me. I really want to bring better coffee’s into the shop. Right now it is just the Coffee Break stuff, and while its not the worst coffee one could have, it is nowhere close to the stuff I am drinking now. I want customers that come in here to at least have the option of experiencing coffee this way. I spent some time looking at different coffee’s that I would want to bring in as well as additional equipment I may need to really make our pour over bar pop. Groban likes his girls to pop.

At about noon, the shop was over-run with a group of women who paint art under the “Art Circle at the Essex Studio” title. I would say their ages range from 55-75 maybe even 80, who knows. 





They are opening their art exhibit “Blossoming” this coming Friday at the shop. I am super upset that Canoes booked a show that night, so I will not be able to make the grand opening! UGGHH!
I gladly took my lunch at 1pm and used the time to finish write out a song idea and catch a nap with my buddy Hux.
Afternoons at the garden tend to have two speeds, fast and slow. Yesterday afternoon was slow, thats about all there is to say about it. I spent some time outside reading. I decided to start reading through the bible. I am ashamed to say that I have never read it all the way through and as someone that claims a relationship with its author I think its about time. I want to get perspective and see the big picture. Lately I feel there has been a lot of “passage picking” where someone will take a verse or portion out of context and exploit in anyway they see fit. I see this by both believers and nonbelievers. So I will read it through, my goal is 90 days. I’ll try to update my progress on here. I didn’t read all of the “assigned” portion yesterday, but read some more this morning and plan to spend a chunk of the afternoon doing the same.
As I was leaving work at 6, Doyle showed up, and we marched back inside where I made him a hazelnut americano with cream which he seemed to enjoy. 



We headed back to the apt and started to watch a Sunny, but then Caleb showed up so we headed up to practice.
Practice went well, we ran through the set twice and I felt and feel really good about it. I played through the new song I wrote for the guys and I think we may try to work on it in the future.
Caleb wasn’t feeling well so we wrapped practice by 8:45 and hit the road.
Doyle and I watched two episodes of Sunny including Mac’s Big Break, which is probably my favorite episode right now. Doyle left and I watched two episodes of Wilfred before heading to bed. I was awakened by Ms. Clark’s post midnight call. This lasted about 20 minutes then I entered into a deep sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment