Thursday, August 30, 2012

Which of The Standard Lines Will We Use

I didn’t realize I had run out of chicken eggs until I walked into the kitchen at 6:45 to prepare them. This was quite the disappointment especially since I had plenty of turkey sausage crumbles! When I opened the fridge door I thought for a brief moment that I could hear whimpering coming from the sausage, as if it was longing to be mixed with eggs and eaten by me.
I was able to spend some time outside reading before some of the regulars came in. I saw this beautiful spider in its web so I snapped a few pictures.




My coffee was amazing yet again as I enjoyed my last pour over of the Klatch Costa Rica. I am anxious to get more really good coffee in the shop (I know I said that yesterday, blah blah blah)
Chris Arnett stopped in around 11 and ended up hanging out until I took my lunch around 1pm.
My lunch break was actually very productive yesterday. I worked out, showered, made fajitas, and talked on FaceTime. Huxley was all about cuddle time, so we did a bit while FaceTiming. He didn't want me to go back to work.


I didn’t end up going back until just before 3 and when I got back my Mother and sister Kate were sitting in the garden talking. I made an iced americano and joined them. 
I just love the way this looks. I literally put cream in this just for the picture.
Kate had to leave shortly after but Mother stayed and talked till after 4. I realized I hadn’t seen her since vacation, which ended august 11. Crazy. It was really nice to catch up about a lot of things with her.


After she left, I sat outside and read a bit, then cleaned up inside up until 6, at which time I left.
After my insanely long commute, with loads of traffic, I got home at 6:03 and played some piano, until Jarrod came over to watch Newsroom. We had to wait for Evan, so we watched an episode of Wilfred until he arrived. It was the finale of The Newsroom and boy oh boy was it great. Plenty of cheering and omg’ing from Stuart and I. It is going to be hard to wait until June for season 2. 
May I digress for a second? Thanks. Huxley loves Mac products. More specifically, laying on Mac products. His current favorite is Stuarts new MacBook Pro. At 15 inches, its the most Mac he can love on. He was kind enough to allow me to snap a few pictures.



After they left, I made some pasta with garlic parmesan sauce and some bread. I followed that up with watching a documentary called Forks Over Knives. It was about the benefits to replacing your current eating with a plant based diet. Very eye opening. I am already pretty close to this with the exception of fish, chicken and some dairy products. It would be an undertaking, but I am thinking about giving it a try. Go watch FOK, it was fascinating.
After I watched that I laid down in bed, anticipating a phone conversation, but ended up falling asleep, I was so tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment