Saturday, August 25, 2012

Your Thursday, My Friday

Thursday was actually a really great day. Work was pretty standard, I took a lunch at 1:15 and made a breakfast burrito with egg whites, pepper, onion, and turkey sausage in a whole wheat tortilla. I had a most lovely FaceTime chat while making lunch and ended up talking for the full hour and a half lunch break. The afternoon again, didn’t seem to exist. Derek stopped in and we had a really good talk about relationships and we decided to continue it over dinner that night at his place. Derek and his wife Rachel live about one minute from the shop and Derek often comes in after dropping their 22 month old Emily off at daycare in the morning.
My old friend Emily (not Derek’s 22 month old) stopped in around 4:30 and we talked through the rest of my shift. It was really great to catch up with her, I hadn’t seen her in quite some time.
After getting off work at 6, I went home and grabbed my wallet, then stopped by Kroger to grab some Oberon on my way to Derek’s house. We grilled out Tilapia with potatoes, zucchini and squash. The Tilapia was coated in fresh homemade pesto, and then potatoes were cooked with fresh rosemary from the garden, and garlic. Rachel took Emily to bed around 8 and I stayed and talked till about 9:30. It was a very enjoyable evening and we talked about doing it again next week.
When I got home my friend Hannah was there and we continued our marathon of Hell on Wheels. That show is so good. I was so tired from a full day I feel asleep during the last part of the episode and then went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment