Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Musical Observation Portion

Let’s talk about me going to see other bands perform live.
After arriving home from Columbus on Tuesday morning I met up with my friend Allie and together we went to relive our HS days music at Vans Warped Tour.
It was pretty awesome. It was crazy hot. We are old and did our best to stay in the shade as much as possible. We were able to see some pretty solid bands and I will now list the highlights.
YellowCard (I teared up during Ocean Avenue as a wave of nostalgia washed over me)
Taking Back Sunday (Geoff from Thursday came out and sang on Cute Without the E and Make Damn Sure)
New Found Glory (relatively boring, if I am being honest, but still good)
Transit (just found out about them, they were awesome, bought their cd and talked with singer about musical influences for 15 minutes)
Let It Happen (my friend Sean’s band, they played an awesome set)
There were several other bands that I wanted to see and just couldn’t including Polar Bear Club, Title Fight, and Koji.
Overall it was a great time, and we survived! Post concert Zips may have been the greatest thing ever btw.

Ok so next up. Coldplay. Thursday I departed from Cincinnati with my siblings Karina, Khristian, and Kirtis heading to East Rutherford, NJ via Quakertown, PA. We arrived at our Aunt and Uncle’s house around 10:30 and after chatting for a few minutes hit the hay.
The next day we woke up and heading to a local Diner for breakfast with our Uncle Jon. We met our cousin Jason there and put away a large amount of breakfast food while catching up on each others lives. It was perfect.
We left around 4pm and arrived at the Izod Center around 6:45 just in time for the opening acts.
Colpdplay came on around 9pm.
Here’s the thing. I have seen Coldplay before, 3 years ago when they came to Cincinnati. It was probably the best show I have ever seen and it seriously affected my life. I thought perhaps this was largely due to not having seen them before (or even a concert that big), so this time around it would be good, but not the same. Boy, was I wrong.


Upon arrival into the arena, everyone was giving a bracelet, and when they opened their set with Mylo Xyloto they all went off. What happened to me at that moment can only be described as a “once in lifetime experience”. No one was expecting the effect it would have on us. The place went nuts, and I literally had trouble breathing as I grabbed my sisters arm and tried to process what was happening. You may think that I am over dramatizing this, but I assure you I am not.
The whole show was out of this world and the songs off Mylo were so good live.
I don’t really think I can go into any more detail, there isn’t much point. If you ever have the chance to see them live, ignore the price of any ticket and just go. You won’t regret it.






No comments:

Post a Comment