Friday, August 31, 2012

Real Thursdays (And The Truth Contained Therein)

Well here we are on an actual Friday. Not first Saturday, just plain old Friday. What is a five day work week? Can someone tell me how to function on this fifth day at work? I don’t know what to do with myself! I have just been numbly making coffee for customers on what has actually been a pretty busy morning. I think thats normal protocol for an actual Friday.
Since today is actual Friday, that means yesterday was an actual Thursday. It was a weird feeling. Work was good, I was out of eggs, so I ate some cereal with almond milk at work.
The morning was actually decently busy. At one point at 4 customers in the shop. Yes, you did read correctly, 4! At once! Lately in the morning I have been playing the same albums at certain times. This week, I’ll listen to something more chill like Band of Horses or later Copeland albums.
Then when I have coffee I kick it into gear with either Tokyo Police Club or Ra Ra Riot. I repeat Champ and The Orchard albums for several hours, often until I go to lunch. They are just grooving this week. As I type Champ by TPC is playing.
I took a lunch at 1:00 and FaceTimed for a few before sitting down at the piano and playing through most of the songs that will be on Canoes next release. It was very therapeutic and by the time I finished it was time to head back to work! I sat outside for a bit before trying to tackle the trim situation on our countertop with Mel. Neither of us know squat about wood working so it was quite the task. We couldn’t figure out the angles for the corners. By the time 6:00 rolled around, we had made little progress. Towards the end it was just becoming comical how much I sucked at it.
After work I went by the apartment, then hit up Panera for a loaf of sourdough bread, then Kroger where I grabbed a bottle of Ravenswood Zinfandel. Dinner was Eggplant/Zucchini parmesan that Derek prepared. It was out of this world. It was his “low fat” version as Rachel isn’t able to eat a lot of fatty foods due to some gallbladder issues.

Eggplant and Zucchini Parmesan  
Eggplant and Zucchini Parmesan

Wine.

After dinner we grabbed a Sierra Nevada Tumbler (Autumn Brown Ale) and sat outside with talking with the Midas and Levity (their two golden labs). I had to head out around 9:20 to meet up with Luke at Journey and load up the piano and his amp for the show tomorrow. We talked for a bit and I headed home. Doyle was waiting to pick up some tickets at the apt when I got back and we talked for a bit before I headed in to bed. I wasn’t there long before I started a Skype session and that lasted a while. A long while. I fell asleep around 2:30 happy as a clam.
Here are some pictures from yesterday of things I photograph often

Please look at how he is sitting on his back leg. So weird.

Daily iced coffee with cream picture pt. I

Daily iced coffee with cream picture pt. II
Afterthought: Yesterday morning I read a really great article and I wanted to pass it on. Its called Fifteen Ways Twenty-Somethings Ruin Their Twenties Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment