Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Best Things in Life (Are Often The Simplest)

Well here we are. The first entry in a long time where I will recap the prior day’s events. It feels good to be here, thanks for reading.
So yesterday morning I woke up and made my eggs as usual. This week I have started adding lean turkey sausage crumbles in my eggs and I am not exaggerating when I say this is the best thing to happen to my mornings ever. This week I have also added protein shakes into my regular diet, I have them at my 10:30 and 4:30 feedings. I mix chocolate protein powder with unsweetened almond milk and it tastes so good.
I had a pretty decent stream of regulars come in one after the other, so the morning was full of long winded conversations about everything and anything you can think of. Michael (one of my regulars) and I moved outside to to talk and then Chaz showed up and we all talked outside for awhile until Michael left. Then PJ showed up and joined Chaz and I in conversation, revolving mostly around fitness and eating cooking. This continued until about one when I left for lunch and they went on with their days elsewhere.
At lunch I had a mostly lovely skype chat, and Huxley was extra cuddly, but then my legs started to sweat so I had to move him off of me, as he is super fat.




The rest of the afternoon seemed to not even exist. Before I knew it, I was walking to my car at 6. I went to Whole Foods to get chicken and upon arrival at home, cooked it up for dinner. Doyle and Caleb came over and we headed up to band practice. It was our first band practice as a 4 piece and it actually went really well. Obviously losing a guitar removes some depth, but after a running through the set, we are barely going to flinch. Eventually we are talking about incorporating tracks, which could really allow our live show to take off.
After hashing out the set, we started messing around with a new song I wrote about Huxley. It actually started to take a cool direction, we’ll see how it turns out.
I was supposed to stay awake for one reason or another, however I fell asleep with my phone in my hand and woke up pissed.
I have been writing this entry for over 4 hours, we’ve been decently busy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment